To download the Bible Study Preparation Materials for January 19, 2011, please click here.
- I hope that you are enjoying this beautiful snow filled day. It is truly a blessing to look or go outside and see the awesomeness of God’s power and glory. And I am grateful to have an extra vacation day too:) So I am thankful.
- I am torn about Bible Study tonight, because I was ready and excited about the beginning of our study of God’s response to Job and his friends. Tonight we were going to study Wisdom and hear for the first time (since be began our study of Job) what God has to say concerning Job’s situation as well as the issues raised by Job and his friends.
- It would be dangerous to come out in the snow this evening because the temperature will start dropping tonight and the roads will be snow filled and/or slippery still (if not freezing).
- So Bible Study will not be held tonight (January 12, 2011).
- Prayerfully, we will come together for Bible Study next Wednesday, January 19, 2011.
In the meantime, I have put together a few questions for us to discuss via our web blog.
Answer any one or more questions (below) to which you would like to submit a response. Please submit your responses below.
- Job’s visitors think they understand God. Zophar is sure he knows what the Almighty will say if He comes (see 11:5-6). Imagine that, like them, you don’t know what the Lord is going to say to Job. What would you expect Him to say? Why would you expect this?
- Would you be satisfied that God is good if you were Job hearing 38:1-39:30? Why or why not?
- Does everything in the world focus on man? What does 38:1-39:30 say?