To download the Bible Study Preparation Materials for February 02, 2011, please click here.
To download Min. Hightower’s Bible Study Notes for February 02, 2011, please click here.
This week in Bible Study we hope to wrap up our study of Job. We will study the Epilogue of Job which is Job 42:7-17. Finally, we will find out how the book of Job ends:) We will also review, from a life application standpoint, what we have learned from our study of Job. Please take some time to review the notes that you have been taking as we have been studying the book of Job together. Here are some questions for you to consider as you prepare for Bible Study this week:
- Does the “happy ending” of Job seem satisfying or unnatural to you?
- Does God always restore what He takes away? Why or why not?
- What are some possible reasons for suffering?
- Do we need to know why we are suffering? Why or why not?
- Is it okay to question God? Why or why not?
- Why should we love God?
Here is the question(s) of the week (please submit your answers below):
- Compare Job 42:8-9 to Matthew 5:44. How does Job exemplify Jesus’ teaching?
- James 5:11 says that Job’s perseverance is a model for us. How did Job show perseverance?
Lord willing, I will see you this coming Wednesday, February 02, 2011 at Bible Study at Union Baptist Church in the fellowship hall.